Notice To All Applicants
Arizona has adopted IDP
On 24 February 2009, the Board of Technical Registration voted to formally adopt the National Council of Architectural Registration Boards (NCARB) Intern Development Program (IDP). Effective immediately, completion of IDP will now be the primary means of satisfying the training requirements for licensure. Following are some important facts regarding this change:
· This requirement will affect all new applicants after the 24 February 2009 adoption date.
· Any individual whose application is already in process will not be affected by this change.
· Per our statutes and rules, Arizona will still allow licensure without an accredited degree. Individuals without a degree will need to demonstrate training determined acceptable by the Board in lieu of the degree. The Board will then advise NCARB that the individual is qualified to begin the IDP program.
· Candidates without an accredited degree should reference the Board’s Rules, specifically section R4-30-212.B. for information regarding the experience that will be required in lieu of the accredited degree.
· Documentation of successful completion of IDP and the NCARB licensing exam will be required for the granting of a license.
· Reciprocal registrations will be unaffected by this change.
Application packages with any of the following deficiencies will be returned to the applicant without an application file being opened.
- Application Fee missing or incorrect
- Social Security Number not on application
- Application not signed
- Any unanswered question(s) in section #2
- Question 6 and/or 7 in section 2 answered "Yes" without attached court documents showing disposition. Note that questions 6 and 7 apply to any/all applicable incidents in the applicant's lifetime, regardless of age.
*On May 22, 2012, the Board voted to send pocket cards to those registrants who submit an email request only. The pocket card will then be sent back to you in a PDF Document.*
Professional Renewal Form Click here
I have read the notice above and want to proceed to the Application Download page. Please note that all PDF documents are formatted with Adobe Acrobat software version 7.9 and higher.
For a free updated version of Adobe Acrobat software please Click Here.
Please review the Application Instruction form before proceeding: Click here
If you have questions about the registration/licensing process in Arizona, please contact Tanya Salinas (if your last name begins with L-Z) or Loretta Hallett (if your last name begins with A-K). Thank you.
Forms for the State Of Arizona BTR Professional Architects:
For The State Of Arizona BTR Registered Professionals Only:
Firm & Branch Application for those Firms that are not Registered: